Posted Wednesday, September 27, 2017
Legal Assistant/Quackenbush Law Firm
Quackenbush Law Firm is looking for a Legal Assistant. The right candidate would have at least three years experience, preferably in personal injury, hard working, dependable, self-starter and highly motivated. The hours are Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Pay DOE. No phone calls please.
Posted Tuesday, June 14, 2017:
Part-Time Legal Assistant/Johnny Merritt
Johnny Merritt has an immediate opening for a part time Legal Assistant in his Amarillo office. Applicant must have excellent written and oral communication skills and be self-motivated. Attention to detail, accurate typing, and good spelling and grammar skills are required. Proficiency is necessary in Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, and Outlook, and a working knowledge of Juris management software is preferred. This is a part-time, hourly position, and salary is commensurate with experience. Please send resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted Thursday, May 18, 2017:
Paralegal/Greta R. Crofford
Immediate Opening for Legal Assistant and/or Paralegal position available in the Law Office of Greta R. Crofford.
Type: Part time, hourly; Hours: 8:00 or 9:00 to 5:00 Monday – Thursday with 1 hour lunch from 12:00-1:00, early Friday or overtime as needed; Salary: $10.00 – $12.00 an hour starting pay, salary negotiable depending on experience and paid vacation after period of time.
Purpose: A legal assistant or paralegal coordinates office activities for the attorney, performing a variety of paralegal duties, such as scheduling hearings, preparing legal documents and correspondence, docketing cases and maintaining court dockets and providing information and direction to others. The work requires knowledge of legal, secretarial, and office practices. A legal assistant or paralegal should be a self-starter with the ability to assist the attorney in many areas of law.
1. Greet clients and guests in person or on the telephone – answering, screening and/or directing inquiries
2. Represents attorney and law firm by communicating and obtaining information, following-up on delegated assignments, and knowing when to act and when to refer the matter to attorney
3. Complete clerical work
4. Perform all data and client management
5. Perform accounting, billing of revenue and expenses for client monthly and take payments and give receipt for same
6. Perform Social Media tasks
7. Maintain files
8. Go through e-mails, move to relevant files and answer per direction of managing attorney
9. Draft, with help of managing attorney, e-mails, letter, pleadings, orders, pretrial motions and orders, subpoenas etc…
10. E-filing documents
11. Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, and maintain personal networks
12. Additional tasks as needed
The legal assistant or paralegal is accountable to the Managing Attorney.
1. Work under the supervision of the Managing Attorney
2. Be professional to all current clients, attorneys, court staff, and vendors.
1. Be familiar with Family Law and Criminal Law, and other general law areas based on the Managing Attorney practice area.
2. Familiar with court and clerk procedures of various counties in Texas.
3. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
4. Proficient in Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
5. Proficient in case management software like Firm Central / Pro Doc.
8. Experienced with Adobe Professional a plus.
9. Detail oriented – Ability to read documents submitted by clients and take appropriate action based on the information they contain.
10. Possess the ability to prioritize files based on deadlines and amount of time needed for each task.
11. Experienced in both written (e-mail) and verbal customer service – providing accurate and professional information to appropriate parties, but No legal advise.
12. Proficient in typing accurately – good spelling and grammar is a MUST.
13. Able to take detailed and accurate notes and records.
14. Promptly respond to all e-mails and voicemails.
15. Thorough understanding and practice of client/attorney/firm confidentiality.
16. Associate’s Degree or Paralegal Certificate required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Please send resume by email to email@example.com with subject line “Legal Assistant or Paralegal Position”
Posted Wednesday, April 5, 2017:
Legal Assistant-Paralegal/Cody M. Pirtle
The Law Office of Cody M. Pirtle is immediately hiring a trainee for a legal assistant/paralegal position. Some work experience in the legal field is required, but we will also train the hiree. Good office skills, organization, and proficiency with MS Office and Adobe are needed by the applicant. Knowledge of Westlaw Form Builder and Efiling, is required. The position is full time from 8:30 until 5:30, Monday through Friday. Salary is based upon your experience.
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be contacted by telephone to schedule an interview.