Posted Monday, July 30, 2018
Paralegal /Legal Secretary / Lovell, Lovell, Isern & Farabough, LLP
Lovell, Lovell, Isern & Farabough, LLP is seeking a reliable and proactive Paralegal or Experienced Legal Secretary to support busy trial attorneys in a full-time position.
The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years of Paralegal and/or Legal Secretary experience in a fast-paced law firm environment. Duties include drafting correspondence, editing documents, e-filing, maintaining a digital index system for case files, managing and organizing large production files, interacting with clients on behalf of the attorneys, and daily tasks of scanning, copying, answering phones, and maintaining accurate deadline calendars.
Additionally, this candidate must possess exceptional organizational and time management skills, work well in a professional team environment and be committed to helping us meet our clients’ needs.
For immediate and confidential consideration, send cover letter and resume to Al Muniz at: Al@lovell-law.net.
Posted Friday, June 22, 2018
Administrative Assistant / Oldham County Attorney’s Office
The Oldham County Attorney’s office is seeking applicants for an Administrative Assistant to work with the current elected official and office manager. Position requires proficiency in all Word Office Suite programs. Familiarity with document management systems and electronic-filing systems a plus. Applicants will be required to take a skills test through Amarillo College. Qualified candidates should have excellent interpersonal skills, organizational skills as well as expertise in editing documents and PowerPoint presentations. The ability to multi-task is essential. Duties if hired will include scanning, e-filing, copying, answering phones, and maintaining accurate deadline calendars. Salary based on experience and qualifications.
Call 806-267-2233 if you have questions. Send resumes to PO Box 698, Vega TX 79092 or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
OLDHAM COUNTY ATTORNEY
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Posted Monday, June 18, 2018
Legal Assistant / Burdett, Morgan, Williamson & Boykin, LLP
Burdett, Morgan, Williamson & Boykin, LLP, is a law firm in Amarillo with over twenty lawyers offering sophisticated legal services with a personal touch. We provide businesses, non-profits and individuals with a wide array of legal services in many areas of the law, including: real estate, administrative, banking, lending, collections, oil and gas, estate planning, probate, intellectual property, employment, and business entity formation and succession. BMWB’s extraordinary culture is marked by civic-minded lawyers and staff who display a commitment to our clients, our families and our community.
BMWB is currently seeking an experienced legal assistant to support a wealth planning practice including estate planning, probate, business law, and real estate. A successful candidate will have keen attention to detail and be able to generate work efficiently. A successful candidate will also have a strong connection with the Texas Panhandle and a proven desire to build a long-term career in Amarillo. Previous legal administrative experience is preferred, although the level of experience is not as important as a candidate who is smart, driven, and dependable. This is a full-time position that includes full benefits.
Posted Monday, May 7, 2018
Riney & Mayfield LLP in Amarillo, Texas seeks Paralegal for civil litigation firm.
Eligible candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor/Associate Degree or Certificate in Paralegal Studies required
- 2+ years’ litigation experience preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office Home & Business Suite 2013 or above and Adobe Pro
- TextMap and Sanctions preferred
- Organized, reliable and detail‐oriented
- Excellent computer and communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time‐management skills
- Proficient document and file‐management skills
- Strong proofreading and grammar skills
- Knowledge of filing petitions, answers, motions and other court pleadings
- Specific knowledge of the litigation process
- Understanding of the county, state and federal court systems
- Experience with electronic filing in federal and state courts
- Ability to work as part of a paralegal team is a must
Riney & Mayfield is a busy, well‐established litigation firm with excellent benefits and work atmosphere. Our boutique firm focuses on providing outstanding legal services to our clients while maintaining a high level of responsiveness. Read more about our firm at www.rineymayfield.com.
Candidates should be comfortable working with a variety of computer applications and software programs and be capable of quickly learning new ones as needed. Must be able to work independently once trained and have proven experience working with attorneys, clients and courts.
Email resume to: email@example.com
Posted Monday, May 7, 2018
Paralegal / Robinson Law
Type: Full time, hourly, non-exempt position
Hours: 8:30-5:30 Monday – Friday with 1 hour lunch from 12:00-1:00, early Friday, if possible
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: 2 weeks of vacation (1 year),1 paid convention (2 years), and IRA (3 years)
Purpose: A paralegal coordinates office activities for the attorney, performing a variety of paralegal duties, such as scheduling hearings, preparing legal documents and correspondence, docketing cases and maintaining court dockets and diaries, and providing information and direction to others. The work requires knowledge of legal, secretarial, and office practices. A paralegal should be a self-starter with the ability to assist multiple attorneys in the needed area of law.
1. Greet clients and guests in person or on the telephone – answering or directing inquiries
2. Represents attorney and law firm by communicating and obtaining information, following-up on delegated assignments, and knowing when to act and when to refer the matter to attorney
3. Complete all clerical work
a. Type motions, orders, and other court documents directed by attorney
b. Draft letters and document by typing, editing, coping, and delivering letters by fax, mail, email, or other delivery method
c. Scan and file all paper in client folder on Dropbox and upload to MyCase
d. File court documents electronically by efile or mail, if needed.
e. Take accurate messages either within MyCase or by paper
4. Perform all data and client management
a. Enter all client information into ProDocs, BankruptcyPro, or other software
b. Organize case files and maintain documents by scanning
c. Update court and meeting calendars on MyCase
d. Scan all incoming documents into Dropbox and MyCase
5. Perform accounting and billing of revenue and expenses for clients
a. Document and input billable time and reimbursable expenses
6. Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, and maintain personal networks
7. Additional tasks as needed
The Paralegal is accountable to the Managing Attorney.
1. Work under the supervision of the Managing Attorney
2. Work with all other employees and members.
3. Be professional to all current clients, attorneys, court staff, and vendors.
1. Familiar with Family Law, Estate Law, Criminal Law, Business Law, Bankruptcy Law, and other general law areas based on the Managing Attorney practice area.
2. Familiar with court and clerk procedures of various counties in Texas.
3. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
4. Proficient in Microsoft Office products such as Word and Excel.
5. Proficient in Bankruptcy Pro.
6. Proficient in QuickBooks.
7. Proficient in case management software like MyCase.
8. Experienced with Adobe Professional a plus.
9. Detail oriented – Ability to read documents submitted by clients; and take appropriate action based on the information they contain.
10. Possesses the ability to prioritize files based on deadlines and amount of time each task.
11. Experienced in both written (e-mail) and verbal customer service – providing accurate and professional information to appropriate parties.
12. Proficient in typing accurately – good spelling and grammar is a MUST.
13. Able to take detailed, accurate notes and records.
14. Promptly respond to all e-mails and voicemails.
15. Understands and practices client/attorney/firm confidentiality.
16. Associate’s Degree or Paralegal Certificate required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Send resume in PDF by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line paralegal.
Posted Friday, April 6, 2018
Paralegal/Hoffman, Sheffield, Sauseda & Hoffman, PLLC
The law firm of Hoffman, Sheffield, Sauseda, & Hoffman, PLLC is seeking an enthusiastic paralegal with interest in the medical malpractice field. HSSH is a growing law firm with excellent health & retirement benefits. Experience in civil litigation or personal injury is preferred. Applicant must be proficient in computers, research, time management, and organizational skills. Candidates should be able to work with multiple attorneys and clients and have excellent writing and communication skills. They must have the ability to multitask, work independently, meet various deadlines, and must be dependable. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Outlook, and Excel preferred.
Paralegal Certification preferred but not required, dependent on number of years of experience. Interested candidates should email their resumes to Janie Rivas at email@example.com.